To celebrate the kickoff of Autumn Quarter this week, this is a little overview of what lays ahead in my calendar:
- STRAMGT 259 – Generative Leadership by Klein
- STRAMGT 279 – Global Strategic Management by Roberts
- OB 278 – Organizational Behaviour by Flynn
- ACCT 219 – Accounting by Guttman
- CS 207 – Economics of Software by Wiederhold (see also: course page)
- STRAMGT 353 – Formation of New Ventures. I am #46 on waiting list and will drop – fortunately won the spring version of this class via a Super Round lottery, taught by Holloway & Morgridge. The fall version is taught by Rachleff & Leslie, but I get to meet them in other ways: with latter I now have the GSBGEN566 above and with former will try to apply to his other class, STRAMGT 359 – Aligning Start-ups with their Market this spring. So a classic example of combinatorics needed to take the most out of the vast selection of classes & professors here…
- STRAMGT 543 – Entrepreneurial Acquisition by Dodson & Kelly. I’ve been generally very lucky with all allocations and lotteries, but this one just won’t happen, #54 on waiting list still…
- MS&E 472 and the attached seminar MS&E 178 – the legendary Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders speaker series. Due to some course I won’t be able to take them for credit, but hope to still attend on most Wednesdays.
- POLECON 584 – Managing Global Political Risk by Condoleezza Rice & Amy Zegart. You can only expect the demand for a seminar like this and by the time I got here, the separate application essay deadline had passed. 🙁
- Some other good reading pointers that I went through coming to the final schedule:
- GSB Center for Entrepreneurial Studies has built a decent compact roadmap of relevant classes available
- Digging through all the interesting options available in the “across the street” schools of Management Science & Engineering and Computer Science has been a little bit tougher. Besides just talking to people I’ve found some helpful threads on Quora, like this one.
Time to walk to the first class.